Choose the Best Cooking Knife for Yourself!
How to select a great cooking knife is not common knowledge anymore. In times past, everyone prepared food from scratch. However, over the past few decades, people have lived on prepared foods, boxed foods, and canned foods. There was no need to actually use a knife to prepare lunch or dinner.
Now, though, people want to eat better and eat healthier. People are cooking again!
I congratulate you for being one of the smart, discerning people who want to cook good, tasty and healthy food yourself. That is a fantastic, life-changing choice!
I also know that it can be a difficult and confusing experience to choose a great cooking knife for yourself. There are hundreds of choices on the market. Which kind of knife do you want? Do you need to buy a whole set or do you just need to buy a select few knives? What brand is best? What's the difference between this knife and that knife? What's the difference between this steel and that steel? How do I know if the employee at the kitchenware store is actually giving me good advice?
I'm here to help you. I've been trained in professional kitchens and have been mentored by professional chefs in French, Chinese and Japanese cuisine. I've investigated, tested, and learned about all sorts of different knives. Now, my experience and knowledge can help you to make the right choices.
With the Smart Knife Selection DVD, you're going to be able to choose knowledgeably and confidently!
You'll Learn Everything You Need to Know About Cooking Knives
In this comprehensive DVD program, you'll learn:
- Common myths about cooking knives and why they sound right but aren't
- The benefits of good knives versus not-so-good knives
- Why a sharp knife is safe knife
- How to figure out what you need
- What different types of knives are out there
- What different types of knives are for
- When you want a multi-purpose knife and when you want a specialized knife
- How to figure out what kinds of knives suit your style and needs
- How to choose a great chef's knive (also called a gyuto) or santoku
- How to choose a great paring knife or petty knife
- How to choose a great boning knive or fileting knife
- What the difference is between a real cleaver and a Chinese "cleaver"
- How to choose a great Chinese cleaver
- What the big deal is about "sushi knives"
- When you will want to buy a "sushi knife"
- How to evaluate a knife in-store
- How to evaluate a knife online
Learn How to Get The Most From Your Cooking Knives
You'll also learn how to use your knife once you have it. There's no point in having a great knife if you aren't going to get the best cuts, the best food, and the most enjoyment out of it! In this comprehensive DVD, you'll also learn:
- How to always handle a knife safely in the kitchen
- How to always keep your hands safe when cutting
- How to rock-chop
- How to push-cut
- How to slice
- How to julienne
- How to mince
- How to mince an onion quickly and neatly - without crying!
- How to cut a pepper into strips or fine dice neatly and quickly
- How to mince garlic professionally - forget that garlic press!
- How to peel fruit cleanly with a paring or petty knife
- What cutting board is best for your knives
- When to use a "sharpening steel" and how to use it correctly
- How to keep your edges sharp as long as possible
- How to sharpen your knives yourself - and what to do if you don't want to do it yourself
Learn from an Impartial Expert
I have nothing to gain from whichever knife or knives you ultimately choose to buy. Unlike sales reps in stores or online knife vendors, I do not benefit from your choosing one product over another. My only concern is to make sure you choose the best knife for you, based on my years of experience cooking multiple cuisines and using, sharpening, and experiencing more styles and makes of knives than most stores even carry in-stock.
Learn from an impartial expert, and you can be sure that you have the best information to make the best possible choice!
There's More If You Want to Make Sushi at Home!
If you want to learn how to make professional sushi at home, you can order the 3-DVD set How to Make Sushi Like a Pro along with your Smart Knife Selection DVD. Buying them together saves you money off the regular individual prices for each program!